2016 Octoberfast Spooktacular
Registration closed October 19, 2016 11:59 PM on October 19, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends October 19, 2016 11:59 PM on October 19, 2016 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens January 26, 2016 12:00 AM on January 26, 2016 12:00 AM MST Registration runs from January 26, 2016 12:00 AM to October 19, 2016 11:59 PM
The 5th Annual Octoberfast Spooktacular will be held again at PPIR in Fountain, Colorado. Jeff Hall will be the race chair for the event. With such a great facility, this promises to another wonderful weekend. This year we will have many of the same fun things as last year, but will be adding some new twists to ensure that everyone has some scary good fun!
- While RMVR still has the lowest entry fees in the country for all of our races, this race has an even lower than normal rate: only $250!
- Last year we ran the track in the clockwise (backwards from normal) direction. This year we will run clockwise on Saturday and counter-clockwise on Sunday.
- The long lost Fun Race will return on Saturday afternoon. We are thinking outside the box to put a lot of fun into this race. Stay tuned for more details on what will be a unique race session.
- Precision School graduates are invited and will have their own run group for two full days of track time. Precision grads, put this one on your calendar. The cost is only $200! (The Precision run groups will be conducted using "lapping days" rules similar to what we have done in all RMVR's Precision Schools. That is, no-wheel-to-wheel racing, passing limited to straight-aways and only with a point-by..)
- Garages can be rented for $75 from PPIR for the weekend. Call 719-382-7223. If they don"t answer, leave a message and your call back number.
- There will be a food vendor for breakfast and lunch on both days.
- As in previous years, we will have the “Thank You Workers” Italian Dinner on Saturday after the racing is done. Great food and drink for $15.00 per person. Buy your tickets upon event registration. A dinner ticket purchases not only your dinner but one for our great volunteers. It’s one heck of a value.
- The costume contest will be back again, but we will looking to make it bigger and better. Stay tuned for more details regarding this.
- Jeff Hall, the race chair will be inviting students from his school, as well as others to attend the race on Saturday. So racers, please welcome Jeff"s students once again and give them the ride of their lives, during worker rides.
- In fact, all racers, including Precision drivers, are encouraged to provide "worker rides" during a portion of the lunch break. This year "worker rides" are not just for workers, but they are extended to student VIPs, staff from Junior Achievement of Colorado Springs and also staff from the Arc PPR (Pikes Peak Region) . So please share your car and excitement with these great students and staff.
Bring the whole family, friends, and neighbors as PPIR is a great place to watch the racing. Spectators can see the whole track from the roof of the timing and scoring building. Don’t miss this laid back weekend of fun and racing.
ATTN: Workers and Volunteers: If you wish to work this event, simply CLICK HERE to sign up online.
Note: We've been informed that garage rentals may not be available for this event. PPIR is buying a huge amount of equipment and cars which will be stored in the South garage, spaces which are usually available for rent on a race weekend. (FYI, the North garage is for private PPIR clients and hasn't ever available for weekend rental.) PPIR management said that if the deal falls through, they will let us know immediately so that garages could be rented. But they wish to give us this heads-up that garages probably won't be available.