2016 FCSCC Rookie School
Registration closed March 18, 2016 6:00 PM on March 18, 2016 6:00 PM EDT Registration ends March 18, 2016 6:00 PM on March 18, 2016 6:00 PM EDT Registration opens February 28, 2015 1:01 AM on February 28, 2015 1:01 AM EST Registration runs from February 28, 2015 1:01 AM to March 18, 2016 6:00 PM
In order to attend the FCSCC Rookie School
1) You have never autocrossed before
2) You have not attended a FCSCC Rookie School before
3) Rookies who competed in the FCSCC Rookie Classes during 2015 or will be eligible for the Rookie Classes in 2016.
If there are any concerns about eligibility, contact Harvey Meeker at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Regular FCSCC event restrictions apply to the Rookie School. A valid driver's license is required. Under 18 requires a parental consent form (http://www.fcscc.com/parental_consent.pdf) signed on-site or on a notarized form. We have a "good neighbor" policy; all cars must be muffled and noise limits will be enforced! All cars must pass an on-site safety and tech inspection. Most SUVs and pickup trucks are not eligible. The decisions of club officers are final in all cases.
No "R-Type" tires are allowed. "R-Type" tires are racing slick tires.
Attendance will be limited based on the number of instructors available. Pre-registration is required to guarantee a spot.
Membership information is available from the FCSCC Membership Chair.
Pre-registration requests will be confirmed. You may also ask any questions about eligibility or the school by writing to email@example.com. If it is impossible for you to send an E-Mail, you may call the FCSCC Hotline at 203-520-9006 with questions or registration information.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER BY MARCH 18th!
Cost for students who pre-register is $40 for FCSCC members and $45 for non-members, including lunch. All fees are payable (cash or check) at the event. If space is available, same-day registrations at the event are $50. You may join FCSCC at the event and receive the member's discount. Membership fees are $35 (Individual) or $45 (family).
- Stratford Army Engine Plant (SAEP) North lot (directions on the club schedule page)
- Registration will open at 8:00 AM and closes at 9:00 AM - late arrivals not accepted. The earlier we get started, the more seat time each student will get.
- A very limited number of loaner helmets are available, so if you have your own helmet, please bring it.
Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while on course: All helmets meeting the current or two immediately preceding (i.e., 2000 or later) Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M), or SFI standards 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A are acceptable. Helmets meeting British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are also acceptable. DOT-rated-only helmets are not acceptable, and will be impounded for the duration of the event.
- Portable toilet facilities are available on site (restaurants and gas stations with facilities are also available near the site).
- An on-site lunch is provided.
This is an outdoor event that will run until late afternoon. The Stratford site can be very cold and windy in March -- please dress appropriately! Autocross events are normally rain or shine, but in case of severe weather an update will be e-mailed to all pre-registered participants. Any important updates will also be posted on the FCSCC web site http://www.fcscc.com and the FCSCC Autocross Hotline (203-520-9006).
Review Kate Hughes' Glen Region SCCA Novice Handbook.
Take special note of:
- Legal Tires: ...the tires must have measurable tread, and must be in good condition. Excessive weather checks or visible cord/plies will fail inspection.
- Tire pressures should be higher than used for the street, usually 45psi-Front/35psi-Rear for a front-wheel-drive car, or 40psi all around for a rear-wheel-drive car.
- We will try to have an air pump at the site but it will save time if you inflate your tires to the specified pressures before arrival.Review other tech inspection requirements as well to ensure your car will pass.
- You will have to remove all loose items from inside your car. You may want to do this before arrival as well.
- Batteries must be held in place by hard systems (i.e., metal brackets and bolts not bungee cords).
Other sites of interest to autocrossers can be found on the FCSCC website links page: http://www.fcscc.com/links.htm
We provide a lunch & a beverage; you may wish to bring beverages or snacks to supplement the lunch.
- Pre-paid Member $40
- Pre-paid Non-member $45
- Day-off Non-member (if space is available) $50
- Annual Membership dues $35