2016 British Columbia Historic Motor Races (BCHMR)
Registration closed August 20, 2016 12:00 PM on August 20, 2016 12:00 PM PDT Registration ends August 20, 2016 12:00 PM on August 20, 2016 12:00 PM PDT Registration opens June 1, 2016 3:00 PM on June 1, 2016 3:00 PM PDT Registration runs from June 1, 2016 3:00 PM to August 20, 2016 12:00 PM
The Vintage Racing Club of British Columbia (VRCBC) is very pleased to present the 2016 British Columbia Historic Motor Races (BCHMR) at Mission Raceway Park Road Course, Mission, BC on August 20 - 21, 2016. This year's special features are:
The Hagerty Formula Festival - A combined Formula Vee and Formula Ford Race with:
- The Abbotsford Trophy for the Formula Vee winner
- The Westwood Trophy for the Formula Ford winner
The BCHMR also includes exciting racing for the Closed Wheel Vintage Production-based and Improved Production racing cars. Especially popular with Fans and Drivers is the 'all-comers' Closed Wheel Vintage race, the Jim Latham Memorial Race, which will be held on Sunday afternoon contending for the historic SCCBC Trophy.
The third major group is the Exhibition Class which includes all purpose-built racing cars such as Sports Racing and higher level Formula cars. The most spirited performance in this class will receive the Pete Lovely Memorial Award.
Other Special awards are:
- The Chairman's Trophy for the most outstanding entry of the race event.
- The Historic Battered Cup for the entry who had the most "shattering" experience.
- The SOVREN Canada Cup for the most significant US-based SOVREN club entry.
This year, the Time Attack Group event will run on both Saturday and Sunday.
Additionally, the BCHMR is again featuring the very popular "Ride in a Real Race Car" event. Fans can (for a nominal donation) go for ride on the track in an actual Vintage racing car with its owner/driver during a dedicated period over the Saturday and Sunday lunch breaks. This year's rides are again in support of the Mission Hospice Society.
Members of the Sports Car Club of BC (SCCBC) and the Motorsport Emergency & Turnworkers Association (META), and other volunteers will assist with race operations. The BCHMR is both a VRCBC REVS points and SOVREN points event.
Note: It is a requirement of our sanctioning bodies (ASN Canada through the CACC), that RESIDENTS of Canada (regardless of their citizenship) must have the relevant competition licence from the CACC or from another acceptable Canadian sanctioning body.
Entry Fees: The following entry fees are payable in Canadian funds.
(1) All Race Groups (Vintage, Vintage Exhibition, Formula Ford and Formula Vee Entrants)
$375 CDN basic entry fee for each driver/car combination. There will be an additional fee for each instance of:
- $130 CDN for an already-entered driver entering another car in another race group.
- $80 CDN for another driver sharing an already entered car.
The basic entry fee ($375) includes: four individual passes (one driver and three crew), one support vehicle paddock pass, two tickets for the Saturday Evening Dinner event, one event commemorative T-shirt and one entrant's "goody bag".
(2) Time Attack Group (NOTE: Unfortunately, effective August 12th, the Time Attack Group has been canceled due to lack of entries.)
- $375 CDN for each driver / car combination. The Time Attack entry fee includes: four individual passes (one driver and three crew), one support vehicle paddock pass, two tickets for the Saturday Evening Dinner event, one event commemorative T-shirt and one entrant's "goody bag".
Note: All entries must be made through MotorsSportReg.com.
Please note that the Friday, August 19th Test & Tune (Practice) Day has a Separate Entry & Registration on MotorsportReg.com