2015 Race Against Kids' Cancer
Registration closed July 29, 2015 11:59 PM on July 29, 2015 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends July 29, 2015 11:59 PM on July 29, 2015 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens June 3, 2015 12:00 AM on June 3, 2015 12:00 AM MDT Registration runs from June 3, 2015 12:00 AM to July 29, 2015 11:59 PM
We are once again excited about the prospect of making a significant impact on the Morgan Adams Foundation (MAF), a great organization dedicated to pediatric cancer research. Over the past four years we’ve raised over $360,000 for MAF and with everyone’s help, we can add to this total! This year our goal is to raise $100,000 for the fine tuning of, and service of a Flow Cytometer we bought last year, a piece of analytical equipment which allows physicians to better understand, diagnose, and treat tumors. By participating in the Race Against Kids’ Cancer race weekend, you are directly impacting and improving the lives of children with cancer.
Remember that if you want to have your car's picture in the weekend Race Program, you must email William Taylor a .jpg file and include a note describing the make/model/year of your car. William will need it no later than July 15th. His email is email@example.com.
Photo Credit: William Taylor
The weekend promises once again to be a premier RMVR event. You won’t want to miss it either as a racer or as a spectator. Main features of the weekend include:
- Our Fifth Annual Race Against Kids’ Cancer to benefit the Morgan Adams Foundation.
- Once again, Formula Ford will be the featured grid. We will be inviting Formula Fords representing all four decades, both vintage and contemporary, hoping to top last year’s 39 car grid. It should be a huge grid showing the evolution of this ever-popular series.
- Paid rides in race cars always deserve special mention. On Saturday and Sunday, during the lunch hours, we’ll have some very special race cars with passenger seats which donors may purchase in order to have the ride of a lifetime. These will sell out early since the number of cars available and time on track is limited to the lunch hour. Buy your Ticket to Ride at the track.
- The Morgan Adams Grid Girls will be back again in 2015! Sign up and make a donation at the races to have a gorgeous grid girl keep you cool under an umbrella while you’re waiting for your start on the grid. With your donation, you will receive a keepsake photograph to share with your family and friends.
- There will be special events and activities all weekend in the paddock for kids, adults, spectators, and racers.
- Saturday and Sunday lunch - Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que will cater lunches for all drivers, workers, spouses, guests and spectators on both Saturday and Sunday. The menu features a choice of either Georgia Chopped Pork or BBQ Pulled Chicken, a sandwich bun, potato salad, Wilbur beans and lemonade or iced tea. The cost will be $10/lunch, cash only, at the beginning of the line near the Pavilion. Please try to bring the correct amount of cash for your lunches, as we won't be able to make change at the beginning of lunch. Workers will be given tickets to receive their lunches. We have arranged for enough food for 250 lunches for Saturday and 250 lunches for Sunday.
- Saturday Night Dinner/Concert – As usual, tickets for the dinner are available to purchase by racers upon event registration. If you are attending as a spectator and wish to enjoy the Saturday evening dinner and bluegrass/country music concert, please purchase tickets in advance below. Tickets will be at the registration desk under your name. All dinner ticket proceeds go to MAF!