2014 SCCA Post Nationals Solo Trials
SCCA - National - National Tour
Registration closed August 29, 2014 11:59 PM on August 29, 2014 11:59 PM CDT Registration ends August 29, 2014 11:59 PM on August 29, 2014 11:59 PM CDT Registration opens August 11, 2014 11:55 AM on August 11, 2014 11:55 AM CDT Registration runs from August 11, 2014 11:55 AM to August 29, 2014 11:59 PM
· In keeping with the primary objective of this being a fun, experiential event, awards will be non-traditional and awarded in a non-traditional manner, with the competition being mostly pride based. Therefore, classing will initially be by category (Street Touring, Prepared, etc.) and then subdivided after we know who is participating in what kinds of cars.
· Solo Trials rules are in Appendix D of the National Solo Rules at http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44517; these rules list some vehicle eligibility restrictions and safety regulations, so please check this before registering. Those restrictions/regulations might be modified in the future plans, but for now we must run with the rules we have.
· Although the Solo Trials rules list a maximum top speed, the course design will not emphasize top speed, but rather a higher average speed than a typical National Solo course with wider gates and fewer cones; repeat, wider gates and fewer cones!!
· We will be using the Nationals East Course area and a little more for the Solo Trials course that will be designed by David Whitener.
· The general event format will be practice runs in the morning beginning at 8 AM so everyone can come up to speed in a manner comfortable for them and then three timed/scored runs in the afternoon. Our goal is to be wrapped up before 5 PM
· The Nebraska Region will be erecting a temporary snow fence for the day running east/west at about the third row of paddock. As per the Nationals Supplemental Rules, folks need to vacate the area north of this fence by 9 AM on Saturday, just as they have for years. Solo Trials participants will need to park south of the temporary fence. The gate for entering and exiting the facility on Saturday will be south of the normal Nationals gate.
· Registration for the Solo Trials at Nationals will be limited to the first 80 entrants, plus a few more for event officials/sponsors.
Registration Fee $50.